Saturday, June 13, 2009

Three Gastronomical Wonders Idiot Mister Can't Appreciate Because He's Not The Privileged, Enlightened American That I Am

1. Caramel Corn

2. Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream

3. Captain Crunch Berries

I don't see that any more really needs to be said about this.  I mean, he actually said to me tonight, "I don't see what the big deal is, Jamie.  Everyone knows that pop corn is so much better without that sticky goo all over it, ice cream was only ever meant to be vanilla, and Captain Crunch Berries isn't even food."

Isn't? Even? Food?

Have you ever heard such heresy in your life?

At least we can both agree that port is the sixth and most essential food group.

2 comments:

tracy said...

Chad cannot contemplate ingesting ANYTHING of the mint + chocolate combination. He has done so on polite occasion in public settings, scowling later. So, I suppose he is a 98% privledged and enlightened American. :)

Now, as for the 6th food group... for me, it would be dark chocolate truffles. They deserve a catagory all their own.

Anonymous said...

Have to agree with Toby on the popcorn one, I really don't like the gooey stuff but the mint choc chip ice-cream...oh yes. Heather was SERIOUSLY pissed when she ordered what looked like her favourite mint choc chip on a cone, only to discover that it was evil pistachio...EWWWWW.

Don't know what the berry things are but I do like those cluster crunchy things you once gave me. They were gooooood.

6th food group...beer what else?

love ya. Jilly xxx