Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Clever Boy

In order to share Boy's latest penetrating, multi-layered poem, I'm going to have to use real names.  This bothers me not even a little bit at this point. 

But before I cast away that final veil of anonymity, I want to explain that what started as genuine skittishness and cyber-paranoia, grew into an admittedly lame literary pretension, which eventually seeped into my real life such that, these days, I tend to call the kids by their bloggy handles at least as often as I do their real names.  This is especially true for Boy.  Boy is Boy--quintessential and enduring.  So it made sense to me to keep going with the fake names, even after I gave in and started publishing pictures of them.  EM (Elder Miss), Boy, and Missy (Little Miss): that's who they are; it's how I think of them.

Without further ado--Boy's latest little ditty.  Which managed to catch me so off guard, that actual tea spurted out of my actual nose.  Consider yourself forewarned:

Amanda rhymes with panda,
that means she's a panda.
Daniel rhymes with cocker spaniel,
that means I'm a cocker spaniel.
Emma rhymes with dilemma,
that means she has a problem.


And if you add Jamie (that's me) to all that, you get JEDA.  Welcome to my world.

3 comments:

Natasha said...

That's freaking brilliant, Jamie. Your boy is seriously going to be the next poet laureate of some country. I'm not kidding. I LOVE this.

(As an aside, congrats on the puddy tat acquisition. An additional aside, I love reading your blog & catching up on your familial adventures. Very refreshing.)

Lille Buggen said...

But where is mister?? Still think you should be JEDAT!! je-dat. sounds cool. what about putting the cat in to? hummm, something to think about hmmmm....

tracy said...

Laughing... HARD!

Oh man, still laughing...