Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Retrospective

This blog is clearly defunct.  It's served its purpose, and I've neither the time nor the inclination to continue mommy blogging.  Silly to keep pretending otherwise.

But, as I've already mentioned, my favorite aspect of the entire blogging phenomenon is the journaling.  The writing down, and storing away of moments that would otherwise have been forgotten.

I've had this notion for a while now that I should maybe take and broaden that idea.  Go back--way back--and write about memories of my own childhood.  But also pick up moments that I skipped over of the kids' earliest years.  I don't think any of it should be forgotten completely.  And I think this is a great medium in which to capture it all.

I can't decide though if I should start it as a completely new blog, or just add on to this one.

In the meantime, here's a little taste of what I'm talking about.  A moment, one slow summer day just four years ago.  Please to note the dejected slump of his shoulders as Mario plunges into the abyss for the last time.


Technically, this doesn't pre-date the blog, so it doesn't really qualify for my new grand scheme.  But I just found it, and after watching it a dozen-odd times in a row, I felt strongly that I needed to pass it on.  Plus, look how cute Emma is with her sassy short haircut and Brazt t-shirt.  I know she won't want to forget that in years to come! 

1 comment:

Queen LaTeacha said...

I'm still your #1 fan!