Sunday, May 07, 2006

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggedy Jig

The children pined for me. The house is in ruins. I spent more than I should have. And I'm still vaguely queasy from the remains of a vodka hang-over.

By all accounts, a splendid weekend. Give or take a few travel delays and an afternoon of pissing rain.

In the ever appropriate words of Jane Austin....."Much was said. Much was ate. And all went well." I'm sure I'm guilty of over-using that quote, but I'm lazy you see, and it so perfectly sums up so many occasions. I simply can't be arsed (thank you Jill) to come up with anything more original.


So much for that brief interlude. Now it's back to work. The new kitchen is ordered, but not signed for. I'm only about a third through the process of packing up the old kitchen and living room. The tiles absolutely must be ordered early this week. Also must remember to reserve the monkey gym for Elder Miss's birthday party.

I'm sure there's more. But it makes my palms sweat to think about it too hard right now. So we'll concentrate on the above todo list first.

No comments: