Thursday, March 13, 2008

Because Grandma Asked For It

Firstly, I want you all to know that I already know I am a complete idiot. I certainly wouldn't want any of you to feel you had to break your current record for "most posts read without leaving a comment" to point out to me the zen-like totality of my idiocy. I am aware. I am at peace.

Secondly, although I am willing to stipulate that the mistake was entirely mine, and that a smarter person would have automatically intuited that a humble digital camera, in its handy-dandy movie mode, will not record from anything other than a horizontal angle, I would like to point out--in my defense--that the view on the preview screen did change. She was upright and vertical when I was watching her on the camera. But I'm an idiot, see, and it is beyond my puny intellect to understand why the camera would record something entirely different from what I was seeing on the preview screen. This is the way, apparently, of techonolgy and the world of dunces in which I roam free.

Thirdly, it's Norwegian. Deal with it.


7 comments:

Tif said...

She is gorgeous! Sideways and all.
---Tif

Anonymous said...

What a sweet child!!! Jamie, Amanda looks just like Emma, and they BOTH look just like Torbjörn. I am SOOO jealous of her Norwegian pronunciation...
Have a great Easter!
Love,
Claudia

Anonymous said...

I'm just so relieved that I wasn't actually supposed to understand any of that, what with me not spraking the norsk and all.

Regardless: adorable!

JEDA said...

SNAKKING, la dragon, SNAKKING. Ain't got no truck with the deutch on this here bloggie thingy.

Anonymous said...

Hun er sa flink (we've been practising for our visit).

Queen LaTeacha said...

Ohhhhh.....sweet Amanda Grandma Gae! And really, Jamie, it's not that difficult to pick up the computer screen and turn it 90 degrees. I've done it 7 times now.

The new room looks great! Do they love having so much space? You're turning into quite a decorator -- I'm impressed!

Again, thanks for the song. See what you can do about getting the other two to perform. I'm still asking for it.

Guitar said...

Buying the a computer and getting it to work properly is no more complicated than building a nuclear reactor from wristwatch parts in a darkened room using only your teeth. I think you are doing great. Love the motion picture.