This is it folks. From now through the new year we get busy. Very, very busy indeed.
I offer the following list as a warning/excuse as to why there may not be much action around here over the next few weeks.
- Parental units scheduled to arrive tomorrow morning. Frantic cleaning of harth and home to commence...like, any minute now.
- Long awaited appointment with the smarty-pants tummy ache specialists to discuss Missy's stunted growth and frankly-more-than-the-usual amount of bloated "button" * early Wednesday morning. (It will amount to nothing--she's genetically doomed to be short and stocky like her paternal grandmother, plus she whines a lot when she has to poop. I, in my infinite wisdom correctly diagnosed her ages and ages ago, but Mister refuses to believe any but a medical professional--so off to Haukeland we go).
- Boy's Christmas Tea and Concert later that afternoon. Cakes and sandwiches to be made. I don't know when. Tomorrow maybe?
- Nutcracker with Boy's class Thursday.
- Tea (if I can schedule it) with friendly neighbor lady Friday.
- Annual hacking down of the Christmas tree Saturday.
- Trim it, garnish it, plug it in Sunday.
- Decorate another fucking gingerbread house so the kids will finally just shut the fuck up about it!
- There will be parties and jule nonsense with Elder Miss's class next week, but I don't know what and/or when because nobody sees fit to tell me, The SCARY Foreigner, anything.
- No doubt more shopping
- More wrapping
- Jilly Baby's birthday on the 21st--I think I've secured the honors of taking her out and getting her loaded because Mr. Jilly is a grumpy birthday hum-bugger.
- Big ol' blowout of a Christmas party at my house on the 22nd (La Dragon, you are so invited if you could just get your skinny ass over here). Kids, presents, glogg, carols, cavorting, and general merriment to ensue 'round about 5-ish. It'll kill me dead, but I'm looking forward to it, nonetheless. No seriously...I am!
Is that it? Could there possibly be more?
There is. There will be.
I will try to check-in. Give you something new to look at. I know there are many of you Stateside who will be wondering how Christmas is playing out over here. I might even get a post or two out of The Alpha Grandma, with pictures and sound bytes. You never know.
But what I'm saying is--don't hold your breath or anything. I'll get to 'ya, when I get to 'ya.
In the meantime, Happy Holidays to the lot of you! Shop in peace. Play nice in the parking lots! And for God's sake, open another bottle of wine! It's Christmas! Enjoy yourselves.
* "Button hurts, button hurts Mommy." This is what Missy says to me when her stomach hurts. I hear it often. A little too often, which is why I'm having her checked out. Mostly they'll be looking for food allergies. I took her in 2 weeks ago for blood and stool sample tests--looking for, among other things, levels of growth hormones--I will get the results of those tests at the appointment on Wednesday. But like I said--much ado about nothing.